Learn to recognize your beauty without the validation of others.
CAN I JUST SAY TO ANYONE SUFFERING WITH MENTAL ILLNESS YOU ARE ONE BADASS MOTHER FRICKER BECAUSE NOTHING IS MORE TERRIFYING THAN BATTLING WITH YOUR OWN MIND EVERY SINGLE DAY
We live in a world where it’s more acceptable to dislike yourself and openly say “I am ugly” rather than actually appreciate yourself and openly say “I am attractive” because how dare you feel good in your skin and say it out loud, what an awful human being you are, you can’t walk around thinking you’re good, you piece of shit.
1. Remind yourself that thoughts and feelings aren’t facts. Often we think extreme and negative things – which are not completely true in reality. Try to get perspective and to be more balanced – and try to counteract accusing, negative thoughts.
2. Be patient, understanding and gentle with yourself. When you’re fighting depression or are feeling overwhelmed then that uses up a lot of your energy. Accept that today is likely to be hard, and put fewer expectations on yourself.
3. Do one small thing as it will help you to get moving - and you’ll start feel more hopeful as you see yourself make progress. Also, keeping yourself busy will interrupt your thinking, and will help to stop your feelings from getting even worse.
4. Although it’s not usually helpful to isolate ourselves, be wise in the people that you choose to be around. If other people are too happy – or too harsh and critical – it will compound your feelings of negativity.
5. Remember that tomorrow could be a better day. You only need to find the energy to make it through today.
If I’ve learned anything from video games, it is that when you meet enemies, it means that you’re going in the right direction.
that’s really inspiring
holy fucking shit
A v rad friend once said, “The secret to happiness is never reading comments on the Internet.” I hate being reminded of this, cos that means I forgot this bit of wisdom. :3
Never let another soul burden your own. You aren’t around long enough to sacrifice your soul in any way. They will find their way and you can guide them, but never carry anyone.
Certainly most people feel separate from everything that surrounds them. On the one hand there is myself, and on the other hand the rest of the universe. I am not rooted in earth like a tree. I rattle around independently. I seem to be the center of everything, and yet cut off and alone. I can feel what is going on inside my own body, but can only guess what is going on in others. My conscious mind must have its roots and origins in the most unfathomable depths of the being, yet it feels as if it lived all by itself in this tight little skull.
Nevertheless, the physical reality is that my body exists only in relation to this universe, and in fact I am as a attached to it and dependent on it as a leaf on a tree. I feel cut off only because I am split within myself, because I try to be divided from my own feelings and sensations. What I feel and sense therefore seems foreign to me. And on being aware of the unreality of this division, the universe does not seem foreign any more…"