- biological sex
- the notion that grammar matters
- the notion that masculinity is valuable
- the notion that academic success is important
- the notion that it is wrong to enjoy shallow things
- the notion that you must produce something to matter, the idea that you must succeed somehow to have value, anything that says that just existing at all under circumstances stacked against you is “not enough”
- gender not being something you are allowed to experiment with or change or have fun with
- the notion that it is bad to ask for help
Things to remember:
- When no one is validating you, you can validate yourself
- When no one is comforting you, you can comfort yourself
- When no one is kind to you, you can be kind to yourself
- When no one believes you, you can believe yourself
You can give yourself the things that you are looking for externally. You are allowed to be good to yourself.
When dealing with Invisible Illnesses, it’s important to remember, and very easy to forget, to count all Victories, no matter the size. Be generous. Something as simple as making breakfast or putting on shoes count. Nothing is too silly to count as a victory for the day or week.
don’t buy that “love is a serious word” crap, love freely, love carelessly, love yourself, love that lady bird that just flew past, love that cutie that served you lunch at a cafe that you’ll probably never see again, love every single cat you see and when you stop loving someone or something, don’t fight it. i don’t know what love is but i know it’s not serious.